The MPC Live takes the production workflow and performance breakthroughs introduced by the MPC Touch and adds the standalone functionality of our classic MPCs that have been cherished by musicians for decades. We’ve taken the power of our older standalone MPCs and crammed it into a sleek, portable body, making the Live the Swiss Army knife of production machines, both in studios and on stage.
Weighing in at 5.5 lbs, the MPC Live is compact enough to fit in your bag, but it still maintains the rigidity that’s necessary for a trustworthy experience while on stage and in the studio. We’ve packed a 7” multi-touch screen, 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive RGB pads, and 16 gigs of on-board storage. Files can also be accessed and transferred to the on-board storage via the built-in SD card slot and/or two-port USB hub. Those same USB ports can be used to connect your MIDI keyboard to tackle chords synth leads that your production is craving. It also features a 2.5” SATA drive connector for a HDD or SSD drive installation. With the Live’s rechargeable Lithium-ION battery, this is a truly portable device for both live and studio use.
Whether you go computer-free or not, the Live goes from formidable standalone to high-powered MIDI controller, engineered to run the powerful MPC Software 2.0 on the computer in a DAW or standalone. A number of new features added to 2.0 include: Audio track recording, improved time warp, enhanced Q-Link control, audio and MIDI drag and drop—all appearing on a new graphical interface.
Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class sounds, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from top-notch sound design companies including Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, CR2 Records, as well as our own.
We proudly present the Music Production Center that embodies the past, present and future of beat-oriented production machines. The MPC Live will be the centerpiece of studios worldwide for years to come, and maybe even a few decades, just like our classic MPCs.
- (16) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- (8) banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- (4) 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link Knobs
- (4) Q-Link Knob columns accessible via Q-Link button
- (1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- (22) dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit
- 6.9” / 176 mm (diagonal)
- 6.9” x 3.7” / 150 x 93 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- Processor: 1.8 GHz quad-core ARM; Cortex; A17 processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content), 4 GB (MPC operating system)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (1 stereo pair)
- (6) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (3 stereo pairs)
- (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
- (2) RCA inputs (1 stereo pair)
- (2) 5-pin MIDI inputs
- (2) 5-pin MIDI outputs
- (2) USB Type-A ports
- (1) USB Type-B port
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) power adapter input
- via power adapter: 6 VDC, 3 A, center-positive
- via battery: lithium-ion, rechargeable, up to 4 hours of battery life
Dimensions (width x depth x height)
- 16.7” x 8.8” x 2.7”
- 424 x 224 x 69 mm
- MPC Live
- Software Download Card
- Power Adapter
- Quickstart Guide
- USB Cable
- Safety & Warranty Manual